Monday, April 05, 2010

Who are you?!

As part of our first anniversary celebration, I thought I'd give you a peek into my life, so here goes; my name is Jourdan Cameron, I'm 15 years, 10 months, and 13 days old at the time I compose this sentence, I live in Connecticut and I enjoy aquariums, writing, open source technology, playing the piano, and photography.
Pandora!
My favorite genre of music, is symphonic metal and my favorite band in that genre would have to be Nightwish, though I love all styles of music! I also love open source tech as I mentioned earlier, and I'm eagerly following the Open Pandora project.

So how did I come to writing? It, well… I'm not entirely sure. I suppose it started with my mother prodding me to keep a journal, though I thought it a waste of time, I hadn't much choice but write it anyway.
Later, I wrote (or more accurately typed) my own diary on my computer. This continued for a few years. I also started with a couple blogs.
About a year or two later I was on vacation with a (very) old laptop that came from a dumpster. I still have the big, gray thing, it works (but slowly!) and I started writing a story. My mom came across it and her mouth fell; she didn't think I could write like that. She was used to a couple sentences, i.e. 'the sky is blue and I'm sick of writing. The end.'
Fast forward a couple years to my language arts class. Things go well (I wind up, at the end of the year, with a GPA of 4.0 in that class, and a lowest grade of A-) and the teacher informs me that she's extremely proud of my progress. I decide that it would be very cool to share my work with the world, and around the springtime I think a blog is the way to do it. Thus, this blog was born, and I now love to write.

Stay tuned, there's more coming!

Jourdan Cameron

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the anniversary, Jourdie! I didn't realize that you were fifteen. You are such a good writer, I thought you were in your twenties. :D

    I used to play the piano, but I have gotten lazy. How many years have you been playing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing since I was 4.
    And thank you, I'm glad you like my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A second Congrats on your anniversary!! I enjoy your reviews and your comments in book discussions.

    ReplyDelete